The JustBoom Digi HAT kit is a fully plug-and-play package that is simple to setup and use. No soldering or technical knowledge is needed to get up and running. Plug in the power cable, connect the kit to an external DAC or amplifier/amplified speakers and set up the JustBoom player software. You can then be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of unboxing.
All of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins are still accessible on the Digi HAT for easy customisation of your project – add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires.
- Circumstances where you need to have your streaming audio player (Raspberry Pi in this case) located separately from your amplifier or DAC.
- This method is usually superior to analog since the original digital signal is maintained until the amplification step (theoretically leading to less degradation of the sound).
- Streaming (either from cloud or local network) high-definition audio player
- Multi-room audio player
- Surround sound for media centre / set top box applications
JustBoom Digi HAT Kit content
Digi HAT Features
- Dedicated S/PDIF output interface chip supports up to 192kHz / 24bit resolution
- Digital audio output over either optical (TOSLINK) or coaxial (RCA electrical) connectors
- Low jitter, bit perfect digital output
- Output transformer for galvanic isolation
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- Software volume control from your Raspberry Pi
- No soldering required
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi GPIO header
- This kit comes with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, however, the Digi HAT is still compatible with the Raspberry Pi A+,B+ and 2B. It’s also compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero, but we would recommend the JustBoom Digi Zero for this purpose
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- All Raspberry Pi GPIO pins still accessible via 40pin unpopulated extension header
- The JustBoom Raspberry Pi Digi is fully HAT compliant
- Full driver support in Raspbian / NOOBS
- Fully compatible with the recommended JustBoom Player software
- Compatible with OSMC / Max2Play / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others