The JustBoom Digi Zero kit is a fully plug-and-play package that is simple to setup and use. JustBoom Digi Zero is a high-resolution digital audio output add-on board for the Raspberry Pi Zero. The pHAT produces a high-quality audio data stream that will not be negatively affected in any way. We’ve designed the JustBoom Digi pHAT Kit to be simple to install and use.
- Circumstances where you need to have your streaming audio player (Raspberry Pi in this case) located separately from your amplifier or DAC.
- This method is usually superior to analog since the original digital signal is maintained until the amplification step (theoretically leading to less degradation of the sound).
- Streaming (either from cloud or local network) high-definition audio player
- Multi-room audio player
- Surround sound for media centre / set top box applications
- Our JustBoom Pi Zero Digi features full high-quality audio – 384kHz / 32bit
- Includes both a DAC and headphone amplifier
- Line-level RCA and headphone amplifier 3.5mm jack outputs
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- No soldering required
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi GPIO header
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero and the new Pi Zero Wireless
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- Full driver support in Raspbian / NOOBS
- Dedicated S/PDIF interface chip supports up to 384kHz / 32bit resolution
- Cirrus Logic WM8804GEDS S/PDIF Transceiver
- Murata Power Solutions DA101JC Audio Digital Transformer
- Fully integrated hardware volume mixing via “alsamixer” or any ALSA compatible application
- Optional Vishay TSOP4838 IR receiver (solder yourself if required)
- 112db SNR and -93db THD for best-in-class audio
- Advanced ESD protection on both headphone and RCA outputs