The JustBoom Amp HAT kit is a fully plug-and-play package that is simple to setup and use. No soldering or technical knowledge is needed to get up and running. Plug in the power cable, connect the kit to a set of passive speakers and set up your Max2Play license. You can then be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of unboxing.
All of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins are still accessible on the Amp HAT for easy customisation of your project – add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires.
- Multi-room streaming/local audio player
- Interactive art projects with audio requirement
- Arcade table projects with high quality, immersive audio
- Streaming (either from cloud or network storage) high-definition audio player
- Internet radio player with high-quality stereo audio
- Refit old radios and boomboxes (Roberts radios etc) with high-quality streaming audio
- And many many more….
JustBoom Amp HAT Kit content
- JustBoom Amp HAT
- JustBoom Amp HAT Case
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Power Supply
- Max2Play Image
Amp HAT Features
- Full high-quality audio – 192kHz / 32bit
- 2 x 55 Watt peak output at 8 ohms (2 x 30 Watt RMS)
- Includes both a DAC and power amplifier – just connect to your passive speakers
- Back-powers the Raspberry Pi over the GPIO (with full HAT compliant protection) at 2.5A so only one power supply required for the whole system.
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- Hardware and software volume control from your Raspberry Pi
- Onboard, hardware jumpers for configuring mute and gain settings (jumpers could optionally be changed with switches)
- Mute/enable with GPIO22 (this can be overridden by using jumper J4)
- No soldering required
- This kit comes with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, however, the Amp HAT is still compatible with the Raspberry Pi A+,B+ and 2B. It’s also compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero, but we would recommend the JustBoom Amp Zero for this purpose
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- Unused GPIO pins still accessible via unpopulated extension header
- The Raspberry Pi Amplifier is fully HAT compliant
- Full driver support in Raspbian / NOOBS
- Compatiblewith OSMC / Max2Play / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others