Connect your JustBoom DAC to a set of powered speakers, headphones or an audio amplifier and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless, crystal-clear high quality audio playback within minutes of unboxing. If you need amplification or additional outputs for passive speakers, the JustBoom DAC is also compatible with the JustBoom Amp – just stack the Amp on top with the mounting hardware and board to board connector and you will be good to go.
This affordable, standalone DAC has among the best value for money available on the market and truly reduces the barriers to entry for versatile high quality audio playback. The digital (S/PDIF) inputs include both optical (TOSLINK) and coaxial/RCA connector options. The onboard DAC chip offers a 384kHz/32 bit output (although this is limited due to the input S/PDIF receiver to 108kHz/24bit). The JustBoom DAC additionally includes a 138mW headphone amplifier.
The board outputs line level audio over RCA and also offers a headphone amplified output over 3.5mm jack cable. The board is powered by a standard 5 volt microUSB power supply – this is a common power supply in tablets and smartphones so many of you will already have one available or can pick one up for a good price!
Follow the JustBoom DAC setup guide and JustBoom Player configuration tutorial.
- Full high quality audio – 108kHz / 24bit (uses 384kHz/32bit DAC chip but this is limited due to the S/PDIF input)
- Includes S/PDIF input using either optical (TOSLINK) or electrical (RCA/coaxial) connections
- Includes both a DAC and headphone amplifier
- Line-level RCA and headphone amplified 3.5mm jack outputs
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- No soldering required
- Powered by the 5v microUSB power supply – you probably already have one!
- Compatible with the JustBoom Amp
- Mounting hardware included